Charitable Donation Request Guidelines
The Westchester Knicks community outreach programs focus on assisting organizations in the Westchester County, Upper Manhattan, Northern Jersey, Stamford and Greenwich areas, and Putnam County areas. Partnered with the Garden of Dreams Foundation, the Knicks players, staff, and volunteers help to make dreams come true for children facing obstacles. In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint and be environmentally friendly, we have adopted a more time efficient online donation request system. The Knicks will review and consider requests from organizations with similar goals and can only consider requests for autographed merchandise to be used to support fund-raising initiatives (raffles or auctions). After you submit the request form online, you will receive a return e-mail with a username and password so that you may check the status of your request.
To be considered for a donation request, please adhere to the following submission criteria:
- Requestors must be charitable organizations (501 C3 organizations)
- Requestors can only submit one request per calendar year
- All donation requests must be submitted electronically at least six (6) weeks prior to the fundraising event. No telephone, fax, mail, or email requests will be accepted. Electronic request forms must include an attached letter on official letterhead with the following information included:
- Organization Name and full address (no P.O. Boxes)
- Event date, time, and location
- Event description including organization who benefits
- Contact name, phone number, and email
- Item Requested (Photo, Ball)/how the item will be used (raffle or auction)
- Publication deadline/item needed by date
- Any additional information on event/organization that you feel necessary (Event Audience Size)
All requests will be considered on case-by-case basis and every request will be responded to at least (2) two weeks prior to the event, whether approved or declined. The inability to fulfill a request is based on the above criteria, the number of requests received, and our inventory of items.
Unfortunately, due to the number of requests received annually, the Westchester Knicks are unable to fulfill requests described below:
- Items requested for personal use
- Requests requiring the contribution to any business or organizational rewards programs
- Multiple donations to the same organization within a given year
- Requests to donate tickets, contribute monetarily, purchase event sponsorship signage, or donate bulk amounts of promotional items.
NOTE: Donated items CANNOT be repurposed for any use other than the one explicitly stated in your request. This includes services such as CharityBuzz.com.
Questions? Email email@example.com.