The start of every week brings something new to get excited about in the world of Westchester Knicks basketball. Here are five things to know about your #DubKnicks for the week of January 30, 2017.
- Weekend Recap: Westchester was in action twice over the weekend. The Knicks were handed a tough loss to the Raptors 905 on Friday night, but bounced back with a huge 117-108 win on Saturday against the Grand Rapids Drive. Against Grand Rapids, Westchester never trailed in the second half of the ballgame and commanded a lead as high as 24 points. With the 1-1 split in this weekends action, the Knicks moved its overall record to 13-14. Westchester remains in third place in the Atlantic Division of the Eastern Conference. The Knicks are currently four and a half games back against the division-leading Maine Red Claws.
- Top Performers: Damien Inglis came up huge for Westchester in its win over Grand Rapids. Inglis dropped 28 points to go along with eight rebounds. His play as of late has been ranked among the very best that the NBA D-League has to offer. Inglis is currently running the eighth highest active streak for Field Goal Percentage in the league, nailing 19 of his last 31 shots, a percentage of .613. Von Wafer also delivered a great performance in the Knicks’ victory. Wafer scored 25 points and continued to be effective from the three-point line, with three shots made from beyond the arc.
- A Busy Week: The Knicks take the court three times this week. On Wednesday, Westchester travels to Michigan to take on the Grand Rapids Drive. They return to the Westchester County Center this Friday and Saturday for a two-game home stand against the Windy City Bulls. Grand Rapids awaits the Knicks with a record of 12-16 and Windy City currently sits at the bottom of the Central Division of the Eastern Conference with a record of 10-15.
- Knicks Legends Night: The Westchester Knicks are turning back the clock! The team will wear throwback uniforms, courtesy of Hospital for Special Surgery, that celebrate the style of Knicks past. Fans can bid on the special jerseys throughout the game via a silent auction, with proceeds from the auction going to FDNY 343 Ride, an organization that honors the 343 firefighters who died at the World Trade Center on September 11, 2011 through an annual bicycle trip on the Anniversary of 9/11. The team will hold a pregame autograph session with Knicks Legends including Allan Houston, John Starks, Larry Johnson, and Herb Williams, with a special performance from the Knicks City Dancers during the game. Fans who wear a Knicks jersey to the game will receive $5 off the purchase of a select Westchester Knicks t-shirt and the first 1,000 fans will receive a New York Knicks 70th Anniversary T-Shirt.
- Mascot Day: Local mascots from various teams and businesses are invading the Westchester County Center to help Hudson cheer on the team, and to take photos and visit with fans! The mascot guest list so far includes Maddie (New York Liberty), Peewee the Seagull (Brooklyn Cyclones), Maverick (Mercy College), Boulder Bird (Rockland Boulders), and Geoffrey the Giraffe (Toys “R” Us).