The start of every week brings something new to get excited about in the world of Westchester Knicks basketball. Here are five things to know about your #DubKnicks for the week of February 6, 2017.
- Weekend Recap: Westchester took the court against the Windy City Bulls in both its games over the weekend. On Friday, the Knicks let a win slip through its fingers as they fell to Windy City 102-98 in overtime. Saturday proved to be equally as difficult. The Knicks fell behind early, but mounted a ferocious comeback. That comeback fell short though, as Westchester once again lost to the Bulls 105-99. The Knicks’ overall record dropped to 13-17 on the season. Westchester currently sits in third place in the Atlantic Division of the Eastern Conference and are currently six games back against the division-leading Maine Red Claws.
- Top Performers: Despite the disappointing losses, Von Wafer provided two electric performances for Westchester this weekend after scoring a season-high 26 points against Grand Rapids on Tuesday night. Wafer led the Knicks in scoring for both games against Windy City, putting in 21 points on Friday and following that up with 20 points on Saturday. All of that production came off the bench, where Wafer has been able to provide invaluable contributions to his team. Damien Inglis also came up huge with back-to-back 18-point games against the Bulls.
- A Week of Action: The Knicks kick off a busy week this Tuesday as they travel to Sioux Falls, South Dakota to take on the Sioux Falls Skyforce. Sioux Falls boasts a record of 21-11, one game back from the top spot in the Southwestern Division. Westchester then returns to the County Center this Friday and Saturday to face off against the Maine Red Claws and the Northern Arizona Suns. Maine currently leads the Knicks’ division with a record of 20-12 while Northern Arizona comes into Saturday’s matchup with an overall record of 13-15.
- A Decisive Game: Westchester gets a tremendous opportunity to make up ground in its division when they take on the Maine Red Claws this Friday at home. The Knicks should have added confidence for this pivotal matchup as they defeated Maine 105-78 in the opening weeks of January. In the win, Westchester allowed its fewest amount of points in a single matchup this season.
- Upcoming Theme Nights: Friday, February 10 is Freebie Friday! The first 1,000 fans will receive a Cowbell provided by Staples. Saturday, February 11 is Faith and Family Night. Join the Westchester Knicks in a celebration of Faith, Family, and Fellowship! Churches, youth groups, and individuals are invited to participate in an exclusive pregame testimonial with Westchester Knicks General Manager and Knicks Legend, Allan Houston, along with select members of the Westchester Knicks. Hear and share testimonials before cheering the team on to victory!