The start of every week brings something new to look forward to in the world of Westchester Knicks basketball. Here are five things to know about your #DubKnicks for the week of Jan. 23, 2017.
- The Showcase: Westchester went 1-1 in its two games played during this weekend’s NBA D-League Showcase. The Knicks took the first game against Erie 118-114 and fell to Canton 118-108 in the second game. Courtney Fells put on a clinic for Westchester during the showcase, averaging 22.5 points, 6.5 assists, and 5.5 rebounds per game during the two game stretch. He also shot an impressive 64 percent from the field and owned the three-point line, converting on half his shots from beyond the arc. Fells also received an Honorable Mention from the D-League as part of the All-Showcase roster.
- 3P%: The Westchester Knicks continue to dominate the three-point line. After 25 games played on the season, Westchester is shooting a league-high 40 percent from beyond the arc. This deadly accuracy served the Knicks extremely well during its recent games in the Showcase.
- The Bench: Stellar bench play can be hard to come across, but Westchester’s bench continues to deliver consistent production. The Knicks’ bench produced 115 total points over the two games played in the D-League Showcase. In both games, Westchester had three double-digit scorers off the bench. Jordon Crawford was one of them, dropping 16 and 23 points in each respective contest. The Knicks will need its bench play to continue as they try to separate themselves from the rest of the league.
- Home Bound: The Knicks make their return to the Westchester County Center for two games this week. On Friday, Westchester will take on the Raptors 905. The Raptors are riding a six game winning streak and lead the Central Division of the Eastern Conference with a record of 18-7. Then on Saturday, the Knicks will take on the Grand Rapids Drive. Grand Rapids sits in fourth place in the Central Division with a record of 12-15. Westchester will have its hands full as they fight to get back to their winning ways.
- Fight to The Finish: After the D-League Showcase, the Knicks find themselves with a record of 12-13. Westchester currently sits in third place of the Atlantic Division and are five games back in the quest to become division leaders. With hot play from Courtney Fells and an increasingly confident bench that can knock down threes, the Knicks have two massive opportunities to make way in the division this weekend.
Don’t miss your chance to see the Westchester Knicks in action. Get Your Tickets Today!